Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov: "I want to restore the release of the quad. This is our return "


Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov: "I want to restore the release of the quad. This is our return "




Winners of the World Cup, two-time European champions in pair skating Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov became silver prize-winners of the international tournament in Bratislava. In the last season due to a serious injury partner skaters have missed more than 7 months. On his return to the ice, experiences and plans, and Sasha Yuko told correspondent Tatiana Flade.

Alexander Smirnov: "The wife laughed and said:" You're the first in the history of figure skating player-coach "

- Sasha, in Bratislava, the first time you went out on the ice after a long break caused by injury Yuko. How do you evaluate this performance?

- We - well done that coped with the first half of the competition, a short program. Naturally, there were little mistakes when, because as long as we do not have enough "Nakatani." We can not train all the time in full force. All the time that Yuko was treated, recovered, and I missed a lot less trained, worked more as a coach. And, of course, the very Yuko has not yet fully recovered. I think that because of this and got out small blots. But very pleased to have coped. With the short program is always difficult to handle.

- Few people believe that you can return to the ice. When you have decided that you will continue to ride?






- Believed - did not believe ... When Yuko was injured, we all thought that after this will not be returned to the ice. We learn from people who have gone through the same trauma, and they said that the recovery will take a year - and a half. That is, even if Yuko recovered, then during that time we would have missed the Olympics, everything else. The question arises: Is the game worth the candle? But the next day after surgery I went to Yuko in the hospital, and she for some reason began to apologize for the fact that we did not play at the European and world championships. I asked, "Yuko, why are you apologizing? This injury, you are not to blame. " And she said that now she has appeared even more desire to continue to ride. "It's great - I said. - And then we Tamara almost gave up. We are waiting for you! "Then it was just words. But when Yuko start actively restored, it is very active, ahead of schedule, we realized that it is set up in earnest. If I after his operation ahead of schedule recovery twice, then it's probably three. In total, we have not skated for more than 7 months. Then, when doctors allowed, they began to go on the ice, train for 15 minutes. They worked in the hall. I believe that these events have shown what we are really capable of. Till. But, again, we want more, only health Yuko still does not allow to do it.



- When you started training on the ice?

- Somewhere in the middle of June.

- Program your past, because they did not have enough time to stage new?

- Not that that was not enough. He was absent. We took the music for the programs that have already rolled. Fold a few programs - short and arbitrary, and get new ones. Naturally, we helped the director to make it all look acceptable.

- And why did you choose the music?

- Arbitrary "Moonlight" - it was our strong point. I thought at all, that the program under quiet music Yuko will be easier vykatat. A short - blues. They did not want to go on about, take the music with the words, something else is. They took the blues, which we are very suitable for the state, which we have now, it transmits all our throwing. I think that the programs we have rolled-in and will be fine. At one time, when we have put the program under the music, few were with them.

- Where you are planning to speak yet?

- Of course, we need to speak more, but we must bear in mind how it will feel Yuko, her leg. The desire of all great, but the possibility is there. Yuko wants, but can not yet. And the most difficult thing that she leg does not hurt, it just does not feel it because of the time that she was skating, atrophied muscles a bit. And when you do not feel the leg, then how can you ride, do a triple or quadruple recover, we also want to restore?

- I do not want to take risks, to avoid new injuries.

- In general, you do not want. When I injured my leg, the doctors said that if you disable it again knee, do not just finish the ride, you will walk with a stick. Repeated Achilles tendon rupture force not what to give up sport, normal movement will be a problem. Therefore, we are very careful, and it slows down our progress.




- Still have your pair, such strength of will! First, you have an injury, then at Yuko ...

- We have so turned from the very beginning of his career. As soon began to act together, in the first season was a turning point, and so went, one by one, all the while waiting for each other. Thank God that there is Tamara, who realistically assess the chances are always supported, it is important that we are - one team. What we experienced way, it can be an example even for ourselves, for someone else to support people in difficult times. The fans wrote us that, well, we look at how you kill, go to the hospital, discharge, leave the ice and create miracles. It's nice. Well, a lot of people support us. This encourages more.


- A Federation supports you?

-- Very much. We were very warmly received at the box office. Moreover, in Sochi, we spent all good training. Alas, not everything turned on themselves speeches. But it was our first show entirely with Car program. This is not something that we arrange on demonstration, for example, Igor. There we make it easy to program. Making a complex element, a simple and time again - all turns out. And here, at the box office, it was necessary to carry out more than difficult. Yes, even stress. But in the Federation supported us. They are even glad that we came back. And not so much because of what the result can show this year, as well as because their example help young athletes do not despair. The psyche of the young unstable. Someone might one skate competitions brilliantly, and on the second fall and say, "All I finish, I'm going," even though all the guys worthy. And then our young people looking at a couple, sees that there are dinosaurs that go forward regardless of obstacles, and nothing can stop them, nor injuries, nor anything else.

- What are your goals for this season?

- I knew you would ask this and then ask the same question Yuko. The main purpose - to recover the championship of Russia and begin to act with dignity. In general, when we learned that we were given also the Grand Prix, of course, excited and a little scared, because they understood that a little bit do not have time. So the purpose - to recover at least to the level of last year. Let no quads. Still there is time, and more will be something to talk about. The goal - to recover and get new injuries, please Tamarochka Nikolaevna himself.

Yes, today we have not skated clean. But I'm happy for Yuko that she coped with problematic elements, although it seemed to me that in the middle of the program she ceased to feel his leg. I saw it, I tried to help her, but Yuko - fighter.




- While Yuko restored, you started to work as a coach?

- I work, and I like it. I would like to work more, but difficult to combine, that is physically difficult, do not have time. And since there is ice time for training at the training camp we worked well with the kids. Schedule me was this: first, I went to workout with Yuko, then he stayed for an hour with the students. I dined. Yuko again and again guys. By evening, it was no. But we worked very productively. I saw that my athletes like to train with me. This year, they have interesting programs, assisted choreographers - Povilas Vanagas. Then I modify all the programs myself. But we all formed a very good team. I'm glad for my athletes.


- Your couple years Butkute ​​and Nikita Ermolaev also played in Bratislava. You are at the same time he rode, and look after them?

- My wife is very laughed before this trip to Bratislava, said: "Oh, you're skating the first ever player-coach." These were in football, and whether the figure skating - I have not figured out. I strongly supported the Tamara. She saw that I did not have time to all, and she helped the boys. She has a wealth of experience. Thank you very much to her.

- You and Sergei Voronov in Bratislava brings to the ice.

- He could not come to the coach, and Serge asked me: "Sanya, stand up at the rim?" And I say: "Do not just post, I'll still work out." Let's see how he will perform.




Yuko Kawaguchi: "She said that I wanted to go for a drive, and then two months lain with plaster"

- Yuko, you're back on the ice. Congratulations! Sasha said that you immediately after the operation decided to continue to serve.

- I told Sasha that want to ride, because at that time did not understand how a painful injury. And then I stayed two months with plaster. It was long enough to forget how to walk normally. Sasha I said that I want, but a desire I had the first three days after surgery. In fact, I did not understand how it will be. Walk normally could not do anything she could not even take a shower. We had to watch how it goes. Quietly. We had to go to live. Every day here so quietly. And then she could not skate on the foot wear. They do not fit. It was hard.

- Swelling of his leg?

- Just "Achilles" was thin, his doctors "strengthened". And then we had to change horses. Two to three weeks tormented but nothing. Then he went out on the ice. I could not even stand. I do not understand how you can even skate. I thought that everything would be much easier.




- But still, you did not give up. What was the motivation?

- Figure skating - it is my life. But skating - one, and go to the start and compete - is another story. Now inside I have the strength, because in 3 months that I do not skated, rested. I am very tired, I waited until Sasha, when he suffered a leg injury. Mentally tired. And now, on the contrary, I want to ride, but physically can not foot still does. But today, so tomorrow anyway.

- But the lads that go. With what attitude do you come out on the ice?

- There was the idea that just needs to be done. But the head and my legs are not yet together. Head want to ride, and the legs do not give. But I do not want to justify this.



- You took the music that rode before. She like?

- What's better, I is not ready yet.

- How did you injure? He sprained leg?

- It happened in the hall. Leg not set. Fell. Probably processed. When Sasha was recovering from injury, I trained one. No pain, did not feel anything. But mentally very tired. Force yourself to go for a drive, and then like this happened.

- All of these injuries, the problem made you stronger, brought together, united?

- At the expense of what made stronger, I do not know. But what we got closer - yes. I have in fact Sasha to injury there was an operation on his shoulder, then he injured his leg. And when Sasha me some things to say, I did not understand it. And now I understand. And that brings us together.

- Who supported you in difficult times?

-- Mama. She first came to me, because I could not go to Japan. Sasha and Tamara maintained. But my mother, of course, more. When it was possible, I flew to Japan for 10 days. In Japan, he began to pass rehabilitation, but for a long time I could not stay there. Still, there were Sasha, Tamara. Japan is far, I was drawn back. She returned and restored already in Russia.




- How to set up the first competitions?

-- As usual. When we had the first demonstration, I was worried, because I could not feel his legs. I told myself: you just need to stand. But the competition has been as much as before.

- Sasha said, that there are times you do not feel his legs, how you holding up?

- But in another way. But as long as my leg is not yet fully ready to compete.

- What are the goals you put in front of him?

- There will be competitions, will ride. You just have to go. It is necessary to roll the long program. I want to restore the release of the quad. This will be our return. A triple release - something lacking. But we must come to terms with it yet, because it makes a lot more impossible.

- There is fear again injured?

- Fear is the fact that you do not feel his legs, and I want to compete, and you can not train a lot. Dilemma. The hardest part - to recover psychologically. We must endure. It's harder than members do.

- You're very quiet, and I think that this has helped you in many ways so quickly recover.


- Quiet. It helps.

- Maybe you, too, over time, begin to train Sasha?

- Children can be trained. And adult athletes - do not know. I need to recover itself now. Sasha switched from our training to work with the guys - it's good. And I need time and patience.

- After such an injury like yours, people are restored and a half years, and you already are competing. What the doctors told you?

- When I told the doctor that I wanted to continue to ride, he said: "If you want, you can ride." And I believed him.

- Now smaller train?

- Even more than before. I do exercises to recover faster upload leg. The very I feel and know that it is necessary to me.

- Probably, you write a lot of fans?

- After surgery, many wrote. From the Japanese fans had a lot of letters. I am very grateful to everyone, but I want to quickly forget about the trauma that was. It's nice that in Russia I perceive as their own, as a Russian athlete. Even in such a difficult moment I still maintained.

- That is felt one hundred percent is your own?


-- Yes. It's nice. But from all this it is accumulated fatigue. And I want to rest a little more.


Translated By Google 

Original Text : https://goo.gl/s8Drv2

Keine Kommentare

cours droit